One of our most celebrated contributions to the fight against human trafficking is the Hands That Heal curriculum, produced in partnership with FAAST (The Faith Alliance Against Slavery and Trafficking). Dr. Beth Grant, co-founder of Rescue:Freedom International, lead the charge to create this comprehensive, faith-based curriculum to train global caregivers who are caring for those rescued from sexual slavery. It has been translated into 13 different languages and used by hundreds of anti-trafficking organizations across the globe.
- US State Department 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center
- Polaris Project
- ECPAT (End Child Prostitution, Pornography and Trafficking)
- International Justice Mission
- Beyond the Soiled Curtain: Project Rescue’s Fight for the Victims of the Sex-slave Industry. Grant, David and Beth. (Click here to email our office for more information.)
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy. Bales, Kevin.
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: Youth Involved in Prostitution, Pornography & Sex Trafficking. Barnitz, Laura A.
- Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade—and How We Can Fight It. Batstone, Kevin.
- Global Woman: Nannies, Maids and Sex Workers in the New Economy. Ehrenreich, Barbara, & Arlie Russell Hoschschild, eds.
- Sex Trafficking: The Global Market in Women and Children. Farr, Kathryn.
- Prostitution, Trafficking, and Traumatic Stress. Farley, Melissa, ed.
- Good News About Injustice: Updated 10th Anniversary Edition: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World. Haugen, Gary.
- Escaping the Devil’s Bedroom: Sex Trafficking, Global Prostitution, and the Gospel’s Transforming Power. Jewell, Dawn.
- Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery. New York: Columbia University Press. Kara, Siddharth.
- Enslaved: True Stories of Modern Day Slavery. Kasten, Liora and Jesse Sage.
- Sexually Exploited Children: Working to Protect and Heal. Kilbourn, Phyllis & Marjorie McDermid, eds.
- The Natashas: Inside the New Global Sex Trade. Malarek, Victor.
- New York: Hyperion Paperbacks for Children. McCormick, Patricia.
- Human Traffic: Sex, Slaves & Immigration. McGill, Craig.
- Slavery: A World History. Metzler.
- Celebrating Children: Equipping People Working with Children and Young People Living in Difficult Circumstances Around the World. Miles, Glenn, & Josephine-Joy Wright, eds.
- Cumbria, UK: Paternoster Press.
- Children at War. Singer, P.W.
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face-to-Face with Modern-day Slavery. Skinner, Benjamin A.
- Nefarious: Merchant of Souls (2012)
- Blood Diamond, illustrates how child soldiers are used in West African conflicts (2006)
- Soldier Child, a documentary about child soldiers in Uganda (2005)
- Born into Brothels: Calcutta’s Red Light Kids (2005)
- Fields of Mudan, a 23 minute film about child sex slavery in Asia (2004)
- Human Trafficking, the four-hour Lifetime miniseries on European women trafficked into the USA for prostitution (2005)
- Amazing Grace, the inspiring true story of William Wilberforce who demanded abolition of the African slave trade in the UK in the 1800s (2007)
- Modern-Day Slavery: Sierra Leone and Liberia, a 10 minute video by World Hope and World Relief on trafficking and our programs in these countries
- Sex Trafficking in Cambodia, a 23 minute World Hope video documenting the lives of victims in Cambodia (2003) • Trade, Sex trade into the United States (2007)
- Holly, a nearly two hour movie on child trafficking in Cambodia (2007)
- Very Young Girls, a documentary by G.E.M.S about domestic human trafficking in New York (2007)